Gravity is looking for customer-focused problem solvers with the ability to communicate complex technical matters in plain language. Gravity is Columbia’s only Managed Service Provider that is an Apple Certified Service Provider. Gravity strives to provide customers and clients with great service whether on-site maintaining business and residential networks, or in our shop repairing their iPhones, iPads, Mac computers, and Apple Watches.
Are you knowledgeable about technology and Apple products? Can you explain complicated technical matters in clear language and metaphors? Can you take complex matters, break them down into systems and isolate processes? Are you interested in getting Apple Certifications? Then this job is for you!
The position of Gravity Technician is the perfect entry-level opportunity for an energetic and inquisitive future-leader who is self-motivated, an eager learner, and has a can-do attitude. If you are tech savvy and looking to expand your IT skills, Gravity is a place where you will receive on the job training and earn internationally recognized certifications for corporations including Apple Inc. This position provides direct support at our retail location and supports the needs of our business-to-business division as needed, with growth opportunities into on-site residential and commercial tech support if desired.
- Follow and improve established Gravity and vendor processes as assigned and needed.
- Greet customers, check-in and out customer devices in the Gravity lobby.
- Work directly with customers to identify, troubleshoot, and record device issues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Clearly communicate to customers in person, via phone, and in text using established tools.
- Combat difficult interactions with a rogue’s finesse.
- Use online systems to schedule appointments, track and process repairs, and communicate with customers and clients.
- Communicate with Apple dignitaries regarding repair relations and concerns.
- Open and close the store at established times.
- Train through rigorous online courses to perform repairs and gain experience points.
- Stay up-to-date with exciting new technology from the wonderful world of Apple.
- Receive illustrious certification in the areas of Macintosh Computer Repair and iOS Repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Potentially provide onsite support.
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone, and in person.
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize time, people, processes and problems.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Use multiple web-based applications.
- Eager to learn.
- Flexible schedule
- Previous IT experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and/or GoogleMail (GMail), Docs, and Calendar
If you are a people person with a great attitude, reliable, honest, respectful and willing to learn new things, then this could be the lifetime job you have been looking for.
Apply by sending an email with contact information, current resumé and three professional references to [email protected]