Find My iPhone is a service that allows you to locate lost/stolen devices. This service must be disabled for any mail-in repairs to Apple’s depot.
We will walk you through how to turn off this feature if your iPhone is functioning or not.
1. Open Settings.
2. Click your name at the top of the screen.
3. Select iCloud.
4. Scroll down until you see Find My iPhone, click that box.
5. If Find My iPhone is on, swipe the button in the top right corner to turn it off.
6. After you swipe the button, you will be prompted to enter your password and then select "Turn Off". If the button next to Find My iPhone is grey and no longer green, Find My iPhone should be off.
Before going through these steps, make sure that your iPhone is off or not connected to the internet.
1. Go to icloud.com on a computer.
2. Type in your username and password for your iCloud account and press the arrow to continue.
3. The screen will prompt you for two-factor authentication which you will be unable to do without another functioning device. Do not worry, we will get around this.
4. On the bottom left corner under the two-factor authentication, there will be the Find My iPhone icon. Click there.
5. All your Apple devices that are linked to that iCloud account will show up when you select All Devices in the middle top of the screen.
6. Find your iPhone, the one you are trying to turn Find My iPhone off one. If you select it, an "x" should show up on the same row. Click the "x". This will remove the device from your iCloud account, disabling the Find My iPhone services.
7. If the "x" does not appear, click the device and there will be an option to "Remove from Account". This will also remove the device from your iCloud account, disabling the Find My iPhone services.
As soon as your device returns from Apple, you are welcome to enable Find My iPhone again. It's a great feature just in case you lose your phone or it is stolen.
Video walkthrough coming soon!
Stay up to date on our social media accounts @gravitycomo and on the news section of our website gravitycolumbia.com.